Next Chapter Meeting
March 11 , 2014 | 11:45 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Bill O’Connor earned his Bachelor and Master’s degrees in Communication from the University of Alabama. During his career O’Connor has served as:
- Director of Public Relations for the Alabama Department of Mental Health
- Executive Director of the Alabama Press Association
- Associate Professor of Advertising and Public Relations, College of Communication and Information Sciences, University of Alabama
- Assistant to the President, University of Alabama
- Vice Chancellor for Governmental Relations, University of Alabama System
- President and CEO of the Business Council of Alabama, a trade group of 5,000 members
O’Connor has worked on a number of successful legislative initiatives, including a $200 million statewide referendum for economic development, resolution of tort reform in Alabama and passage of the Communications Reform Act. He has generated major funding for the Alabama Reading Initiative, the Alabama Super-Computer Authority, Alabama’s Virtual Library initiative, the Eminent Scholar Program, and Bio-Medical Research at UAB. He now owns an independent consulting firm that specializes in education, governmental affairs and public relations issues. He has 34 years of experience in all phases of market research, opinion leader identification and developing communication programs designed to build awareness, understanding and support for key initiatives.
Come catch O'Connor share about ethics in PR!
Montgomery Country Club, Montgomery, AL
Lunch $18 members | $20 non-members
Please RSVP by Friday, March 7, 2014